Pixel Validation and Pixel Wait-for use a comparison tool that reports visual differences up to the pixel level or your app's Elements, Viewport and even entire Document. This functionality is provided as a service by Applitoos and requires integration.
How to add Pixel Validation
- Hover the arrow menu where you want to add your validation step.
- To add validation click ‘+’ ⇒ ‘Validations’
- Depending on the wanted scope of pixel comparison select either ‘Validate element pixels’, ‘Validate viewport pixels’ or ‘Validate document pixels’.
- If you selected ‘Validate element pixels’, select the element you want to validate from your app. The other 2 options don't require DOM selections.
How to add Pixel Wait-for
- Hover the arrow menu where you want to add your wait-for step.
- To add validation click ‘+’ ⇒ ‘Wait for’ ⇒ ‘Wait for element pixel’
- Select the element you want to wait for from your app.
Open Applitools App
Since both Pixel Validation and Pixel Wait-for use Applitools for the pixel comparison, you'll need to use Applitools' app in order to view test run pixel details and in order to edit existing steps. In the next chapter you'll find a list of useful resources to learn how to use Applitools app.
To open Applitools app double click the Pixel Validation/Wait-for step in the editor.
Useful Applitools Resources
Testim supports the following match levels : Exact, Strict, Content, Layout. You can define the wanted match level in the pixel steps properties panel :
Users can also mark a region of your element / viewport / document and define it with a different match level.
For more information about Applitools Match Levels see the following doc: