Click here to run a demo test of this example.
Basic Calculator Test
- Go to www.google.com in the browser.
- Search for “calculator online”.
- Start a new test: Open Testim Extension menu and choose: "Create Automated Test".
Testim Editor will be opened in a new window and will record any action you do on the site.
Note: if you'll go back to the editor, you'll see that a setup step was created comprising navigation instruction to the Google Calculator page for the Chrome browser:
- As long as the recording button (the red circle) is turned on, any interaction you'll make in the recorded app will be added as a step to the test.
- In the Chrome (Recorded app):
* Click ‘1’
* Click ‘+’
* Click ‘1’
* Click ‘=’
- Your application and the Test Editor should now look:
Add simple validation
- As you can see, each click was recorded in the test and is represented by a step.
- Use ‘+’ menu to the right of the last step ⇒ Validations tab ⇒ ‘Validate Element Text’
3. In your application tab, select the result ("2").
A new (text) validation step should be added to the Test Editor.
4. Now run the test by clicking 'Play' or Pressing F8. The test should be completed successfully.